Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Dresses of Golden Globes Past



The Golden Globes are only days away which means award season in Hollywood has officially begun! Watching the Red Carpet is what I like to refer to as 'My Superbowl'; I'm always super pumped to watch them and they are always full of hits & misses!  However, you would think with every celeb in Hollywood having a personal Stylist these days, there would be no 'misses', right? Well, that's a big fat WRONG! Celebs may not be exactly channeling Bjork in a Swan Dress or Cher dressed as a show-girl (we leave that up to Lady Gaga now), but there are still plenty of hideous dresses, bad styling, and plain old BORING looks going on! So with that being said, I'm really excited to share with you my Hits and Misses of this years 69th Annual Golden Globes (Sunday, January 15th)...so watch out Joan Rivers, cause here I come! lol

Cher in Bob Mackie at the 60th Annual Academy Awards in 1986

Bjork at the 73rd Academy Awards in 2001

Although, I'm no fashion guru by any means, I still like to measure who is worthy of being on my 'Best Dressed' list by taking into consideration a few things like the colour, cut, & styling of the dress; combined with the overall risk that the celeb took in wearing that particular dress. In other words; is she wearing something stunningly daring? Would you expect her to wear it? Or is it just boringly safe (example: Tina Fey wearing a black dress at every red carpet event = predictable & a yawn fest).

So with the GG red carpet upon us, I've decided to look back at some of my Best & Worst dressed at last years Golden Globes...

Best
Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace
This woman could wear a garbage bag and make it look good.
January Jones in Versace
This dress was heavily debated as to whether it was worthy of being on the Best Dressed list or not, and I say 'hell-yes it`s worthy!' January Jones is someone I look forward to seeing on the Red Carpet because she isn't afraid to take risks...BRAVO!

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive
It's so different and all about the back...stunning!

Emma Stone in Calvin Klein
The simplicity and sleekness of this dress is gorg. Emma looks like a coral goddess!

Mila Kunis in Vera Wang
Gorgeous colour!

                                                                             Worst
Michelle Williams in Valentino
So disappointed to see Michelle wearing this hippie-chic dress...this was a risk gone wrong.

Halle Berry in Nina Ricci
Halle looks like a hot mess...this lingerie look belongs only in the bedroom.
 
Tilda Swinton in Jil Sander
No Words.

Leighton Meester in Burberry Prorsum
Leighton would look amazing if she were churning butter in a pioneer village somewhere.

Nicole Kidman in Prada & Julianne Moore in Lanvin
All I wanted to do was rip off that black brooch thing on Nicole's shoulder and her black earrings + Julianne's puff sleeve...drove me nuts!
Helena Bonham in Vivienne Westwood
I think it's obvious.

Be sure to watch the Golden Globes next Sunday & stay tuned for my Best & Worst Dressed of the night!
L

No comments:

Post a Comment